Postdoctoral position available at IFOM-IEO-Campus in Milan
Location: IFOM-IEO-Campus, Milan, Italy
One PostDoctoral position is available in the lab of evolutionary genomics of cancer led by Dr Francesca Ciccarelli at the European Institute of Oncology (IEO) at the IFOM-IEO-Campus in Milan (Italy).
The lab uses a combination of experimental and computational methods to analyze the somatic modifications occurring in the cancer genome. Two main lines of investigation are pursued:
1- estimation of cancer-associated genomic instability by large-scale re-sequencing of the cancer genome using next-generation technology;
2- analysis of evolutionary and network properties of cancer genes;
The ideal candidate must have a strong background in statistics, genetics and computational biology. Experience with the treatment of large-scale genomics data would be favourable.
The position is framed within the Structured International Post Doc program (SIPOD) of the IFOM-IEO-Campus, which offers highly competitive salaries and training opportunities. The program is co-funded in the context of the FP7 Marie Curie Actions – People.
For more information and inquiry, please contact
and visit http://www.semm.it/PostDoc.php
Recent publications of the group include:
- De Grassi A, et al (2010) PLoS Biology 8: e1000275
- De Grassi A, Ciccarelli FD (2009) Genome Biol 10:R137
- Syed A, et al (2010) Nucleic Acids Res 38:D670
- Rambaldi D, Ciccarelli FD (2009) Bioinformatics 25:2281
- Rambaldi D, et al (2008) Trends Genet. 24:427-30
- Solda' G, et al (2008) BMC Genomics 9:174-186
- Fumasoni I, et al (2007) BMC Evol Biol 7:187-199
© 2003-2013 bioinformatics.it
Site created by ScienceDev and based on EasyManager